• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What food gives the biggest dopamine hit?

Harambulus

Greenlighter
I guess it's somewhat subjective...

For me I was just eating pringles and thought they give me a pretty good hit and nearly always make me go back for more like other foods don't.

I rarely eat sweet foods but there is this coconut buttercream cake which has coconut 'nougate' layer on top and buttercream in the middle. Yea that's a badboy.

Also battered sausages and fatty foods in general of the like although I rarely ever eat those either but sometimes have a craving which seems to make me feel 'topped up' for a while.

Anyone else tried having their fav foods to 'potentiate' a drug experience? I tried eating said coconut cake whilst on mephedrone once. I recall it was pretty good but not too much better than usual, rather unremarkable actually.

Weed of course would go without saying regarding munchies and food enhancement.

I guess not much other study would be done in this area regarding dopamine agonists cos most of them cause 'anorectic' response. :D

fileBlob.pl

I bet its different for every person. Depends on all the associations they have built up around said food.

Anyone else tried having their fav foods to 'potentiate' a drug experience? I tried eating said coconut cake whilst on mephedrone once. I recall it was pretty good but not too much better than usual, rather unremarkable actually.

The only drugs I do are marijuana and psychedelics, but marijuana is the only one that really works well with food, IME.

Nacho Cheese Doritos always make me feel happy, and once I eat one I can't stop until there's no more left. :(

Surprisingly, I'm a pretty skinny guy.

I've gone on some pretty wicked sugar binges. Having a bit just seems to open up my appetite for more...

Dairy Queen french silk pie blizzard. I recently discovered it and when i'm in depressed binge eating mode its the first thing i want. And usually my binge ends there since i'm happy afterwards :) The combination of ice cream and the best chocolate and pie crust and whip cream ever makes me feel so fricken good!

I love to eat ice cream on mdma & can't wait for summer time so i can do it!

Dairy Queen french silk pie blizzard. I recently discovered it and when i'm in depressed binge eating mode its the first thing i want. And usually my binge ends there since i'm happy afterwards :) The combination of ice cream and the best chocolate and pie crust and whip cream ever makes me feel so fricken good!

I love to eat ice cream on mdma & can't wait for summer time so i can do it!

lol...I remember last summer walking an hour or so at night to get a big ice cream sundae after coming down. Good stuff :)

For me I was just eating pringles and thought they give me a pretty good hit and nearly always make me go back for more like other foods don't.

Ummm...you can't know this, and it's unclear whether a 'dopamine hit' would be desirable.

ummm...pizza's tasty. :p

ebola

I don't know of any processes that lead to dopamine "spiking" like you seem to be implying but to naturally raise neurotransmitter levels, you can consume precursors such as the amino acid L-tyrosine. This is found in a lot of high protein foods such as dairy products, poultry, avocados, some nuts and many others.

I think what you're talking about is how pleasurable and rewarding the food is and that would involve more complex processes than just dopamine levels. Obviously sugar intake would play a role as well as factors of classical conditioning and much else.

lol...I remember last summer walking an hour or so at night to get a big ice cream sundae after coming down. Good stuff

Its such a good feeling! A few years back a friend and I were sitting on a playground as the sun was coming up and decided to split our last pill. Then started walking as we came up. Peaked, stopped at the store to grab a fudgecicle and walk come....What an awesome time :)

In high school, everyday at lunch my buddy gives me his Cup O' Noodle with only the seasoning and water left, no noodles. I'll usually drink about half of this gnarly liquid before I throw it out. I only do it because I need to keep my blood pressure up.
I think fatty foods and generally salty foods "potentiate" amphetamines best.
All other drugs I'll usually take on an empty stomach 'cause it'd hit harder anyway.... But with Speed I feel like its so much better when you got at least a bite or two in.